SAGUACHE — During an executive session held at the March 17 county commissioners meeting Tuesday, Saguache officials met with county department heads and later closed public access to county buildings effective immediately.
The Saguache County Office of Emergency Management headed by Director Bobby Woelz released the following list of closures and schedule limitations:
Staff will be providing limited essential services via phone and online. Inperson contact for receiving essential services will have restrictions during this time. These adjustments to county services and public access will be in place until further notice. These precautions will be continually evaluated and may be subject to change. Operation changes include the following Saguache County Government Departments and will be updated as new information related to the COVID-19 situation becomes available.
The follow departments will be closed to the public until further notice:
• Saguache County Administration – 719-655-2231
• Saguache County Assessor – 719-655-2521
• Saguache County Clerk and Recorder – 719-655-2512
• Saguache County Housing Authority – 719-655-2804
• Saguache County Land Use – 719-655-2321
• Saguache County Treasurer – 719-655-2656
The following departments will have limited schedules. See below and call each department for more information:
• Saguache County Landfill – will be open as regular schedule – 719-221-1956
• Saguache County Road & Bridge no public access – road work will continue to be maintained -719-655-2554
• Saguache County Public Health will have limited access to the public with the use of telephone, email and fax – 719-655-2533
• Saguache County Department of Human Services – DSS – will have limited access to the front door by appointment only – 719-655-2537
• Saguache County Sheriff’s Office and Jail, Saguache County Coroner will remain open to the public and run operations as usual – 719-655-2544