Secure and verifiable ID is required to obtain:
• New titles
• Duplicate titles (vehicles purchased on or after 07/01/2006)
• New registrations
• New temporary registration permits
• New placards
The following types of identification are Secure and Verifiable:
• Any Colorado Driver License, Colorado Driver Permit or Colorado Identification Card, current or expired one year or less. (Valid temporary paper license with invalid Colorado Driver’s License, Colorado Driver’s Permit, or Colorado Identification Card, expired one year or less is acceptable.)
• Out-of-state issued photo driver’s license or photo identification card, photo driver’s permit current or expired one year or less.
• U.S. passport, current or expired less than 10 years.
• Valid foreign passport with I-94 or valid processed for 1551 stamps. Valid I-94 issued by Canadian government with L1 or R1 status and a valid Canadian driver’s license or valid Canadian Identification Card.
• Valid 1551 Resident Alien/Permanent Resident Card. No border crosser or USA B1/B2 Visa/BCC cards.
• Valid 1688 Temporary Resident, 1688B, and 1766 Employment Authorization Card with intact photo.
• Valid U.S. Military ID (active duty, dependent, retired, reserve and National Guard).
• Tribal Identification Card with intact photo. (U.S. or Canadian)
• Certificate of Naturalization with intact photo.
• Certificate of (U.S.) Citizenship with intact photo.
If you have any questions about Secure and Verifiable Identification, please contact the Saguache County Clerk and Recorder’s Office at 719-655-2512.
Jane, Desiree, Ben, Dominique and I are here to help.